Residue Management

No-Till Farmer Influencers & Innovators

[Podcast] Agriculture as a Solution to Climate Change

In this episode of the No-Till Farmer Influencers & Innovators podcast, brought to you by Martin Industries, Frank Lessiter talks with Betsy Bower, an agronomist for Ceres Solutions in Lafayette, Ind., about the task force and some of the hottest areas in no-till farming – from carbon sequestration to biologicals and more.
In this episode of the No-Till Farmer Influencers & Innovators podcast, brought to you by Martin Industries, Frank Lessiter talks with Betsy Bower, an agronomist for Ceres Solutions in Lafayette, Ind., about the task force and some of the hottest areas in no-till farming – from carbon sequestration to biologicals and more.
Read More

Maintaining Soil Productivity with Strip-Till

In the grand scheme of things, many people say climate change is the most critical issue facing mankind. But to me, the most important challenge is not just maintaining, but improving the productivity of the soil. Without healthy soil, we won’t be able to continue feeding the growing world population.

Read More
No-Till Passport Series

Rodale Institute Launching Regenerative Ag Center in Parma, Italy

In the land just outside of Parma, Italy, 6 acres are dedicated to a carbon-neutral village, which includes office space, labs, a scientific garden, a bistro, and more. This may sound like an ideal getaway, but for Davines Group, an international certified B Corp founded in 1983, it’s home. The No-Till Passport series is brought to you by Martin Industries.
Read More
conservation agriculture
No-Till Passport Series

World Food Prize Winner: Soils Should Have Rights, Too

A pioneer in soil research and Conservation Agriculture, Dr. Rattan Lal paved the way in one of FAO’s key areas of work
A pioneer in soil research and Conservation Agriculture, Dr. Rattan Lal paved the way in one of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization's (FAO) key areas of work. The No-Till Passport series is brought to you by Martin Industries.
Read More
Excavator
Digital Demonstration Replay

[Digital Demonstration] EXCAVATOR by Meristem Crop Performance™️

Interested in increasing planter speed and efficiency? Watch this in field demonstration presented by No-Till Farmer and Meristem Crop Performance™ to learn about Meristem's crop residue breakdown and nutrient release aid EXCAVATOR™.  To view any of our webinar replays, you must be logged in with a free user account.]
Read More
2014_Corn_Population_Study_—_Income_Minus_Seed_Costs.jpg

5 On-Farm Studies Help No-Tiller Measure Profitability and Calculate ROI

No-till veteran Marion Calmer explains how on-farm research has helped him determine the best row spacings, seeding populations, fertility and residue management programs for maximum profitability.

When Marion Calmer bought his first farm back in the 1980s, a quote attributed to British mathematician Lord Kelvin was top of mind: “We can’t improve on things we don’t measure or research.”

Read More
Langley sprayer
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Precision is Paramount in Push for No-Till Perfection

Producing high quality, non-GMO crops for the bourbon industry in a challenging topography takes skill and technology.

I look forward to someday sitting on my porch drinking a glass of bourbon made from corn and rye grown on my farm and smoking a cigar made entirely from tobacco I produced. To get there, I need to deliver near-perfect grains and leaves in an area that not so long ago was considered unfit for row crops.

Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

NTF_June_2024_Cover.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings