Residue Management

No-Till’s List of Legends

This roster of influencers has a tremendous legacy on no-till since its modest start in 1962.
As part of the 60th anniversary of no-till’s first commercial acres in 1962, No-Till Farmer updated its No-Till Legends list following the 30th anniversary of the National No-Tillage Conference in Louisville, Ky. This roster of “No-Till Legends” includes outstanding growers, educators and suppliers who have played a key role in the growth of no-till from 0 to 110 million acres in 6 decades. No-Till Legends is brought to you by Unverferth Mfg.
Read More
Jim Leverich

Jim Leverich Named Inaugural ‘Conservation Ag Operator’ Fellow by No-Till Farmer

As No-Till Farmer celebrates the start of its 50th year in 2022, its editors have announced a new initiative — the “Conservation Ag Operator Fellowship” — to broaden farmers’ understanding about how to realize economic and sustainability success through no-till and conservation ag.
Read More
John-Heermann.jpg
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Intercropping, Cover Crops Yield More Residue, Fewer Inputs & More Income

On the dry, wind-swept Colorado plains, more residue above and roots below are critical to John Heermann’s no-till system.

SOIL HEALTH DRIVES nearly every farm management decision I make these days. It’s why I use a stripper header, diversify my rotation, use cover crops and am ramping up intercropping. It even determines what gifts I send to my landlords on the holidays (books on soil health)

Read More

What Research & Literature Most Contributed to No-Till’s Adoption?

This first-ever project recognizes the most significant works in no-till research & literature, and the efforts of those who contributed to the practice’s understanding in North America and beyond.

In September 2021, No-Till Farmer commissioned a project to determine the most significant research and publications that assisted in the understanding and adoption of no-till agriculture. Randall Reeder, retired ag engineer from Ohio State Univ., and Don Reicosky, retired USDA soil scientist, collaborated on a detailed process to complete this large and aggressive project in advance of three important no-till milestones in 2022.

The No-Till History series is made possible by Calmer Corn Heads.
Read More
No-Till Farmer Influencers & Innovators

[Podcast] No-Till Lessons & Learnings from Lloyd Murdock

In this episode of the No-Till Farmer Influencers & Innovators podcast, brought to you by Terrasym, Frank Lessiter talks with Lloyd Murdock, professor emeritus at the University of Kentucky about his early lessons from no-till, how soil changes over the decades after tillage stops, an experiment that took years to take off, and more.
In this episode of the No-Till Farmer Influencers & Innovators podcast, brought to you by Terrasym, Frank Lessiter talks with Lloyd Murdock, professor emeritus at the University of Kentucky about his early lessons from no-till, how soil changes over the decades after tillage stops, an experiment that took years to take off, and more.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

Cover_CTG_0524.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings