Precision Agriculture

Langley sprayer
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Precision is Paramount in Push for No-Till Perfection

Producing high quality, non-GMO crops for the bourbon industry in a challenging topography takes skill and technology.

I look forward to someday sitting on my porch drinking a glass of bourbon made from corn and rye grown on my farm and smoking a cigar made entirely from tobacco I produced. To get there, I need to deliver near-perfect grains and leaves in an area that not so long ago was considered unfit for row crops.

Read More
no-tillage conference

Deepen Your No-Till Knowledge at the NNTC Summer Intensive

Bridge the educational experience of our National No-Tillage Conferences with this 2-day virtual learning program, June 23-24, covering organic no-till, increasing irrigation ROI with precision technology, correctly setting up your combine for residue management, learning more about plant sap analysis, and more.
Bridge the educational experience of our National No-Tillage Conferences with this 2-day virtual learning program, June 23-24, covering organic no-till, increasing irrigation ROI with precision technology, correctly setting up your combine for residue management, learning more about plant sap analysis, and more.
Read More

Managing to Measure: Supporting Strip-Till Success with Analytical Evidence

Dr. Jerry Hatfield, former USDA plant physiologist and Wayne Fredericks, Osage, Iowa, strip-tiller to share on-farm results and advice on how incremental improvements in farm management will bolster soil health at the 2021 National Strip-Tillage Conference.
Farmers collect data and make operational changes throughout the course of their farming career. But how much of a correlation is there between the analysis and actual application of in-field information to improve on-farm decision-making?
Read More
population-map.jpg

Strategies for Addressing Site-Specific Problems with Variable-Rate Seeding and Fertilizer

Kentucky no-tiller Mark Chapman shares his approach and best practices for implementing variable-rate technology to push yields in the places where it matters most.
For decades Mark Chapman was aware of the differences within his fields but was unable to do anything about it. But that all changed once he was able to bring GPS onto the farm.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

NTF_June_2024_Cover.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings