Precision Agriculture

Indigo Ag Acquires Soil Metrics

Indigo Agriculture announced a deepened commitment to advancing discovery in soil carbon science, enabled by the acquisition of Soil Metrics — an industry-leading technology for comprehensive soil carbon and greenhouse gas (ghg) assessment in agricultural soils.
Read More

No-Till's Historical Highlights (Through 2021)

With more than 75 new updates, this historical record identifies what built no-till into a profitable farming practice now embraced on 110 million U.S. acres.

Success with no-tillage — a radical change in farming from conventional methods — was anything but assured when it got its commercial start 60 years ago. But success came, thanks to the vision, courage and dogged determination shared by many — and from every corner imaginable.

Read More
surface-runoff.jpg

Two Roads to Farming’s Future: What to Choose?

Veteran ag economist John Ikerd says U.S. agriculture may need to look at a more integrated approach to the challenges it faces with growing public concern over environmental and social issues.

Long-time ag economist John Ikerd says U.S. agriculture is at a major crossroads with significant changes in the offing, but he says no-till farming will be important regardless of the ultimate future direction of the industry.

Read More
Ag Junction

Kubota to Acquire AgJunction in All Cash Deal

AgJunction Inc., a global provider of advanced guidance, autosteering, and autonomy solutions for precision agriculture applications, today announced that it has entered into a definitive arrangement agreement to be acquired by Kubota Corporation in an all-cash transaction with a total equity value, on a fully diluted basis, of approximately CAD $91 million (USD $72.8 million).
Read More
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Take Measure and Take Notice to Make and See No-Till Progress

Gathering data, keeping tabs on weather and more helps Saskatchewan no-tiller Jake Leguee improve crop performance and farm profitability.
I can watch my crop roots grow on my cell phone. Not literally, but I can tell you exactly what depth crops have rooted to in fields where we have installed weather stations with moisture probes.
Read More
Strip-Till-Benchmark-Study-Regions.jpg
8th Annual Strip-Till Operational Practices Benchmark Study

Targeted Tillage and Nutrient Placement Bring Younger Farmers to Strip-Till

With favorable weather across much of the U.S. in fall of 2019 and spring of 2020, strip-tillers returned to more fall berm-building routines and focused on targeted nutrient management.
Results of the 8th annual Strip-Till Operational Practices Benchmark study suggest a “return to normal” for many strip-tillers whose fall berm-building plans were disrupted by wet weather in 2019.  

Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

Cover_CTG_0524.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings