Nutrient Management

Corn's Response To Late-Season N Application

Nitrogen (N) fertilizer is a crucial input for maximizing yield and profitability of corn, and the expense and environmental impact of N fertilizer has heightened the need for efficient N management practices.
Read More

Do You Need Secondary Macronutrient And Micronutrient Analyses?

Most soil tests for these nutrients are not very reliable, so if a result is high, you will know that your crop won't suffer a yield loss related to that particular nutrient, but a medium or low test result doesn't necessarily mean that applying the nutrient will produce a crop response.
Read More

No-Till’s Measuring Stick

Cover crops, stacked rotations and soil cover of 60% or more after seeding are among the pillars of quality, continuous no-till, Rolf Derpsch says.

No-till may be practiced on more agricultural acres in the U.S. than any other country in the world. But South American no-till consultant Rolf Derpsch believes growers here shouldn’t be satisfied.

Read More
Koerner-1.jpg
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Chasing Savings, Pushing Yields With No-Till and Strip-Till

Floyd Koerner Jr. and Floyd Koerner III make up a father-son team that excels at getting the most from every acre and input on their farm.
As a family LLC, there’s more than one decision maker on our farm. My dad, Floyd Jr., is the more progressive one. For my part, I like to see someone else try new things out first.
Read More

Foliar Feeders Push For Bigger No-Till Yields

While not a replacement for well-managed soil fertility programs, foliar fertilizers — piggybacked with pesticide treatments — are helping no-tillers achieve greater yields
No-tillers find that foliar applications can help fine-tune fertility programs and boost yields. While not a replacement for a solid soil-based fertility program, foliar-feeding strategies aim to maximize productivity in well-managed crops.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

NTF_June_2024_Cover.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings