BROOKFIELD, Wis. (Jan. 23, 2017) – The editors of No-Till Farmer recognized 25 No-Till Legends during the National No-Tillage Conference, held Jan. 10-13 in St. Louis, for their contributions to the growth of no-till from 3.2 million acres in 1972 to nearly 100 million acres this year. The 25 North American No-Till Legends Banquet honored 25 growers, educators or suppliers from 15 different states.
All of the Legends honored have an extensive list of accomplishments in the reduced tillage field. More information on each of the honorees can be found in the book “From Maverick to Mainstream: A History of No-Till Farming,” which will be produced by the editors of No-Till Farmer later this spring. A full list of the honorees is below.
- Roy Applequist of Great Plains Mfg. in Salina, Kan.
- John Aeschliman of Colfax, Wash.
- Dwayne Beck of South Dakota State University and Dakota Lakes Research Farm in Pierre, S.D.
- John Bradley of Spring Valley Farm in Lutts, Tenn.
- David Brandt of Carroll, Ohio
- Gabe Brown of Brown’s Ranch in Bismarck, N.D.
- Marion Calmer of Calmer Ag Research Center and Calmer Corn Heads in Alpha, Ill.
- Jill Clapperton of Rhizoterra in Spokane, Wash.
- Barry Fisher of NRCS in Indianapolis
- Steve Groff of Cover Crop Coaching in Holtwood, Pa.
- David Hula of Renwood Farms in Charles City, Va.
- Paul Jasa of the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, Neb.
- Jim Kinsella of the Ag Tec Center in Lexington, Ill.
- Howard Martin of Martin Industries in Elkton, Ky.
- Jeff Martin of Martin Family Farms in Mount Pulaski, Ill.
- Ray McCormick of McCormick Farms in Vincennes, Ind.
- John McNabb of Inkom, Idaho
- Phil Needham of Needham Ag Technologies in Calhoun, Ky.
- Joe Nester of Nester Ag in Bryan, Ohio
- Mike Plumer of Conservation Agriculture of Creal Springs, Ill.
- Ray Rawson of Rawson Farms in Farwell, Mich.
- Bill Richards of Richards Farm in Circleville, Ohio
- Guy Swanson of Exactrix Global Systems in Spokane, Wash.
- Dan Towery of Ag Conservation Solutions in Lafayette, Ind.
- Glover Triplett of Mississippi State University in Starkville, Miss.
About Lessiter Media
Lessiter Media Inc., Brookfield, Wis., was founded in 1981 by Frank and Pam Lessiter. The firm provides niche content magazines, newsletters, websites, international conferences, books, DVDs, management reports and e-newsletters in the agricultural and equine industries. For more information, visit LessiterMedia.com.