- Now accepting nominations for 2013 No-Till Innovator Awards
- Syngenta supports sustainable farming through awards program acknowledging excellence in no-till business and service, crop production, organization, research and education
- Winners announced at the 22nd National No-Tillage Conference, Jan. 15-18, 2014, in Springfield, Ill.
Now in its 18th year, the No-Till Innovator Awards are open to individuals and groups in the United States and Canada who practice, promote and/or demonstrate commitment to conservation.
Winners will be celebrated at the 22nd Annual National No-Tillage Conference January 15-18, 2014, in Springfield, Ill. Please visit our Web site to submit a nomination before the August 1 deadline.
“Syngenta believes in delivering sustainable, integrated crop solutions that help produce higher yields from fewer resources, and no-till production is an important component of that mission,” said David Piñon, communications lead, Syngenta. “We embrace the opportunity to acknowledge leadership and excellence demonstrated by growers, educators, organizations and others who make no-till programs and sustainable farming methods more effective, economical and beneficial for the environment.”
Nominations are open to individuals or groups, regardless of the crop grown, brand of equipment, seed or crop protection products used. Self-nominations are also accepted. The No-Till Innovator Awards recognize excellence in each of the following four categories:
- Business and Service: A business or service representative who promotes the environmental and economic advantages of no-till or who encourages the adoption of no-till practices. Potential nominees include certified crop consultants, agronomists, professional farm managers and retailers; fertilizer, agrichemical, seed and equipment dealers; or individuals who have designed an innovative modification to existing equipment, created new no-till equipment or developed a new method to improve no-till farming.
- Crop Production: A grower who has increased the economic viability of no-till on his or her farm. Criteria include innovation, creativity, willingness to share findings with others and creating a positive image for no-till farming.
- Organization: A group that has actively promoted no-till farming through activities, programs, clubs or educational seminars.
- Research and Education: A university researcher, educator, center of influence or extension specialist who tests and evaluates no-till concepts, products or equipment, and who promotes the benefits of no-till farming.
“By partnering with No-Till Farmer to recognize the efforts of these innovators for yet another year, our hope is that we continue to provide examples of innovative and progressive growers that will motivate others to implement conservation tillage and other environmentally sound farming practices,” Piñon said. “Recognizing the 18th class of No-Till Innovators helps Syngenta continue on its mission to be the leading global provider of relevant, sustainable, total cropping solutions.”
The National No-Tillage Conference is best known for providing industry-leading agronomic information, as well as unique discussion and educational opportunities. Throughout its duration, the conference has featured several of the best no-till pioneers and trendsetters from North America, making it an ideal place to honor the No-Till Innovators each year. Syngenta is once again proud to be a major sponsor of this conference, as well as co-sponsor the No-Till Innovator Awards program with No-Till Farmer magazine.
No-Till Innovator Award winners will receive complimentary conference registration and lodging for the duration of the 2014 National No-Tillage Conference in Springfield, as well as a special token of appreciation to commemorate their achievements.
To obtain a nomination form, please log on to http://www.syngentacropprotection.com/notill/, call (312) 648-6700, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can mail your request to: No-Till Innovator Awards, Gibbs & Soell, Inc., 125 S. Wacker Dr., Suite 2600, Chicago, IL 60606.
For more information about the 2013 No-Till Innovator Awards, visit http://www.no-tillfarmer.com/pages/No-Till-Innovators.php. Follow Syngenta on Twitter (@SyngentaUS) and Facebook.