Soil Health

Sunflower-Field.jpg
What I've Learned From No-Tilling

No-Tiller Grows 18 Crops in 1 Year to Improve Soil Health

Colorado no-tiller Roy Pfaltzgraff ditches family farm’s break-even tradition, following the data to continuous cropping.
When I came back to our Haxtun, Colo., farm in 2016, my dad agreed to continue doing the bookkeeping if I did the physical labor. Now that we raise 12 or more crops per year, direct market farm products and so much more, he regularly complains he got the short end of the stick. But he complains with a smile.
Read More

[Podcast] Smashing Yield Records Using Regenerative Ag with Russell Hedrick

In today’s episode of the podcast, brought to you by SOURCE®️ by Sound Agriculture, we bring you a replay of North Carolina no-tiller Russell Hedrick’s 2023 National No-Tillage Conference presentation detailing the specific practices that propelled him to record-setting corn and soybean yields.
In today’s episode of the podcast, brought to you by SOURCE®️ by Sound Agriculturewe bring you a replay of North Carolina no-tiller Russell Hedrick’s 2023 National No-Tillage Conference presentation detailing the specific practices that propelled him to record-setting corn and soybean yields.

Read More

[Podcast] Biochar’s Prospects for No-Till Operations

In today’s episode of the podcast, brought to you by SOURCE®️ by Sound Agriculture, Michael Kaiser and Britt Fossum from the University of Nebraska Lincoln discuss biochar & the university's field-scale biochar trials
In today’s episode of the podcast, brought to you by SOURCE®️ by Sound Agriculturecontributing editor Dan Crummett talks with Michael Kaiser and Britt Fossum from the University of Nebraska Lincoln about biochar and the university’s biochar, which currently make up one of the largest in-field biochar studies in the U.S.

Read More

5 Key Elements of Locus AG's CarbonNOW Program

Locus AG recently hosted a digital demonstration, Get Confident in Carbon, with No-Till Farmer. Shane Head, director of customer success at Locus AG, and Mark Hill and Chris Lidgett, both directors of sales at the company, outlined details of the CarbonNOW program that pays farmers for sequestering carbon.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

Cover_CTG_0524.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings