Equipment

Deere Quits Cap-And-Trade Coalition

Deere & Co. has quietly dropped out of a coalition of large companies that has supported a cap-and-trade program for reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
Read More

5 New RoGators On Tap For 2011

AGCO Application Equipment is rolling out five new RoGator high-clearance applicators for 2011 featuring a proven drive system for higher levels of performance and reliability in the field.
Read More

Tips To Avoid Tire Damage From Stubble

Corn stalks and stubble are causing damage to agricultural equipment tires that range from sidewall cuts and punctures to chipping of large tractor tires. In some cases damage can be so severe it may require the farmer to replace tires.
Read More
No-Till Notes

Scout Fields, Check Combine For Better Yields And Safe Harvest

Evaluating no-till stands, residue and equipment can help you improve profitability at harvest-time this fall and for years to come.
Harvest last year was a real challenge for many no-tillers as crops didn’t dry out and harvest was late. In many cases, this didn't allow much time during the harvest to assess overall no-till management.
Read More
DSC_0032.jpg
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Seven Strategies Help Missouri No-Tiller Excel

Diverse rotations, improved plant nutrition and control of tough weeds are some of the ways Eddie Hoff boosts no-till yields.
I’m the third generation of the Hoff family to operate our farm near Boonville, Mo. Following an early example set by my dad, John Hoff, who first no-tilled in the early 1970s, I’ve spent the past several years fine-tuning our no-till program.
Read More
DSC_0080.jpg

The Tools That Get The Job Done For No-Tillers

No-Till Farmer readers sound off about their no-till planter setups and the technology that helps them move residue to get proper seed placement and great corn stands.
Wet fall, wet spring, wet fall, wet spring. It seems no-tillers need to get used to making things work in a more aquatic-type system, our recent survey of No-Till Farmer readers found. In fact, how our readers’ no-till planter setups worked in wet conditions was a common thread in the replies we received.
Read More

New Dry Manure Injector Holds Promise

A machine that can inject dry poultry litter and composted cattle manure below the soil surface in pastures and no-till fields is on order from a research coalition across five Chesapeake Bay states: Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and New York. There are currently no machines on the market that can do this.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

NTF_June_2024_Cover.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings