BROOKFIELD, Wis. — For 14 years, No-Till Farmer has annually recognized no-tillers deemed to be effective, efficient, and responsible with their farm practices. Nominations are being accepted now for the 15th edition of the program, to be renamed the Conservation Ag Stewardship Program.
Do you know a farmer who is leading the way in agricultural stewardship and resource management? Nominations will be accepted through October 7, 2022.
The three individuals chosen for the 15th class of the Conservation Ag Stewardship Program will be highlighted in the March 2023 issue of No-Till Farmer magazine. They'll also receive free registration to the upcoming 31st annual National No-Tillage Conference in St. Louis from January 10-13, 2023, where they'll be recognized for their practices.
All nominations must be submitted by October 7. You can nominate a deserving farmer or self nominate yourself today. Submit your nominations here.
Below you'll see award winners from the previous 14 classes.
- Brooks Garland, Lee, Fla.
- Adam Chappell, Cotton Plant, Ark.
- Paul Overby, Wolford, N.D.
- Jim Hershey, Elizabethtown, Pa.
- Joshua Hiemstra, Brandon, Wis.
- Jason Wiegel, South Bend, Wis.
- Karl Dirks, Mount Joy, Pa.
- Lowell King, Loma, Co.
- Don Viillwock, Edwardsport, Ind.
- Robby Bevis, Lonoke, Ark.
- Mike Brocksmith, Vincennes, Ind.
- Jerry Peery, Clinton, Ky.
- Jake Kaderly, Monticello, Wis.
- Stuart Lawrence, Rosetown, Sask.
- Richard Lyons, Harvel, Ill.
- Jason Carter, Eastover, S.C.
- Mike Taylor, Helena, Ark.
- Mike Werling, Decatur, Ind.
- Jerry and Nancy Ackermann, Lakefield, Minn.
- John Kemmeren, Bainbridge, N.Y.
- Eric Odberg, Genesee, Idaho
- Joe Breker, Havana, N.D.
- Jim Glover, Waterford, Pa.
- Wye Angus Farm, Queenstown, Md.
- B&B Partners, Gibbon, Neb.
- Dean Glenney, Dunnville, Ontario
- Roger Wenning, Greensburg, Ind.
- Joel Armistead, Adairville, Ky.
- John Niemeyer, Cortland, Neb.
- H. Grant Troop, Oxford, Pa.
- Bob Bottens, Cambridge, Ill.
- Donn Branton, Le Roy, N.Y.
- David Sutherland, Leroy, Kan.
- Jordan Bennett, Hermiston, Ore.
- Larry Bonnell, Pittsford, Mich.
- Jeff Garman, Colfax, Ill.
- Allen Dean, Bryan, Ohio
- Jack Maloney, Brownsburg, Ind.
- Davis, Ryan and Greg Bell of Cornerstone Partnership in Des Arc, Ark.
- David Brandt, Carroll, Ohio
- Mike Starkey of Brownsburg, Ind.
- Ed and Dan Wilkinson of Getty Acres Farm in Gettysburg, Pa.