Dryland No-Tiller

09_Irrigation_FL_0711.jpg

No-Till’s a Better Dryland Investment Than Irrigation

Former Dakota Lakes Research Farm director says fixing nutrient, energy and water cycles is key to improving no-till
No-till wasn’t the solution, at least, not the first one they tried, nor the most obvious. When Dwayne Beck and a few other growers gathered in western South Dakota in the 1970s, they were trying to solve a problem.
Read More
Alma blue grama harvest.jpeg

Native Grasses Provide Forage, Moisture Retention in Southwest

Native grasses provide vital benefits to the Southwest desert ecosystem, high-quality forage for livestock and effective mitigation tools for addressing natural resources concerns.
Both warm- and cool season native grasses provide benefits that are vital to the Southwest desert ecosystems such as lowering soil surface temperature, reducing soil erosion, decreasing soil compaction and improving water infiltration.
Read More
terry-sheep-2018-1.jpg
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Focus on No-Till, Soil Health Puts Farm Problems Out to Pasture

Veteran no-tiller Terry Ness has found a focus on soil health and diverse rotations can mean reduced inputs and security in the face of weather, insects, weeds and disease.
My soils were on the verge of giving out on me when I finally made the switch to no-till. I’m a first-generation farmer.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

Cover_CTG_0524.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings