Equipment

Darrell Bruggink
From the Desk of Darrell Bruggink

It’s Worth an Inside Look at Innovation at Work

Just like the honest, hard-working farmers our editors come across in their work, there are a lot of folks who support their families by trying to come up with technologies that will help farmers be better farmers.
Just like the honest, hard-working farmers our editors come across in their work, there are a lot of folks who support their families by trying to come up with technologies that will help farmers be better farmers.
Read More

No-Till Notes: Vertical Tillage Has Its Place in No-Till Fields

Whether it’s processing residue, removing surface compaction or seeding covers, vertical tillage can be a valuable tool in your no-till system.
As a no-tiller, any form of tillage is usually a bad word and some no-tillers are adamant that any form of soil disturbance is taboo. However, there are places where some form of ‘tillage’ has its place and can add value to a no-till system. All the worms, microbes and organic matter that no-till fosters won’t always be the solution to every soil problem.
Read More
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Diversity, No-Till and Continuous Cropping Bring Big Impacts to Bottom Line

Moving from a tilled wheat-fallow rotation to no-till and pulse crops has amplified Gordon Stoner’s production and profits.
Pulse crops have facilitated some massive changes on my farm and to our region as a whole in the last two decades. My wife Bonnie and I are the fourth generation of my family to farm the great glacial plains that make up Northeastern Montana.
Read More
LP3_6340.jpg

Twin Rows, Covers and Chicken Litter Complete an Evolving No-Till System

The Kutzes have continually tweaked their equipment and practices to achieve a level of production they didn’t think was possible.
About 10 years ago, Dennis and John Kutz needed to trade planters and decided it was time to try something new. So the Fort Atkinson, Wis., father-and-son operation purchased a 12-row Great Plains planter and gave 30-inch twin rows a try.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

NTF_June_2024_Cover.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings