Williamsburg, Iowa – Kinze announces the release of its new “05 Series” planters, the new 4705, 24-row, 30-inch planter.
The “05 Series” planters offer a number of enhancements that will increase the wear life of many components, simplify maintenance, improve performance and reduce the overall cost of planter ownership.
President of Kinze Manufacturing, Susanne Veatch, said, “In this continued down ag economy, we know every penny counts toward the bottom line. Downtime is costly. Repairs are costly. Maintenance is costly. We regularly receive suggestions from our customers and dealers about how we can improve our products in these areas. We listened and have spent a significant amount of time engineering ways to reduce downtime and repairs and increase performance. I am proud of our team’s commitment to this project and I am excited to see these planter enhancements help our customers reach their profitability goals.”
Beginning with 2021 models, enhanced planters will be designated by a model number ending in “05.” Changes include:
- Row unit double parallel arm bushing with impregnated lubrication and double row bearing disc openers for extended wear life
- High-efficiency vacuum fans that run quieter with less hydraulic demand, utilizing 1.5 inch diameter vacuum hoses
- Redesigned bulk-fill seed delivery system that works with more crop types and at higher planting rates
- Large frame planter models 4905 and 4705 feature a variable displacement piston PTO pump, which provides a simpler planter operation and higher efficiency to reduce tractor HP demands
- Simplified hydraulics on the model 4905 planter improves serviceability and decreases planter lift times
- Firestone IVF radial tires on planter model 4905 for reduced compaction
Along with the 05 Series planters, Kinze is introducing a 24R30 configuration of the 4705 planter. This configuration features tires in front of the toolbar in a front fold configuration with industry leading 600 gallons of liquid fertilizer capacity. The 4705 is offered with Blue Drive electric drive and True Rate meters for Model Year 21. Kinze previously announced that its new 4700 narrow row planter series will debut in the 2020 planting season in a 36-row 20-inch configuration.