From automated planting to crop management with real-time monitoring, drones play a vital role in precision farming with their ability to measure, observe and respond to variabilities found in crops. Here’s a list of the top-rated drones for 2017, as compiled by Dronethusiast.com
- Honeycorp AgDrone: The drone has a wing that is composed of Kevlar fiber composite, a material that cannot be cracked like carbon fiber. It makes for a very durable, versatile and powerful selection for drones in agriculture.
- DJI Matrice 100: It has dual battery components that allow for extended flight time of up to 40 minutes, making it a good choice for farmers and agriculturists.
- DJI T600 Inspire 1: This drone is suitable for agricultural use and has a 4K video recording capability, separate flight and camera control, with a carbon fiber frame.
- Agras MG-1 – DJI: This is an octocopter designed to spray large areas of farmland with pesticides or fertilizers. DJI, the Chinese drone manufacturer, claims that it is 40 to 60 times more efficient than manual spraying.
- Ebee SQ – SenseFly: This is a precision agricultural drone designed to monitor crops from planting to harvest.
- Lancaster – Precision Hawk: This drone has many possible uses within the agricultural industry. It’s proprietary AI reacts to changing weather conditions and real-time diagnostics, while it can also be fitted with a range of imaging functions depending on what is required.