With hotel room blocks now sold out at both the host Hilton Netherland and adjacent Hyatt hotels, a block of rooms has now been added at the neighboring Millennium Hotel for the 23rd annual National No-Tillage Conference.
The Millennium has agreed to honor the special conference rate of $104 per night for the January 14-17, 2015 event. You can call (800) 876-2100 or (513) 352-2100 to reserve a room or make an online reservation. Just be sure to ask for the special No-Tillage Conference rate when you call in to reserve rooms.
Also, keep in mind that the current registration rate of $309 for the 4-day event, as well as the $282 rate for additional farm or family members, is valid through December 31. Registration rates will increase to $359 once New Year's Day arrives. Register online now or call (866) 839-8455.
You can view all session descriptions here, but the following is a list of some of the outstanding speakers preparing to share their no-till experiences and moneymaking tips and techniques at the Hilton Netherland Plaza hotel:
- Jill Clapperton, world-renowned soil biologist, will broaden your understanding of the world below your feet and the importance of improving and maximizing the performance of your soil's engine.
- David Hula, a Charles City, Va., no-tiller, will share the tactics he's utilized in being the U.S. no-till corn yield champion and how to no-till wheat successfully.
- Franke Dijkstra, a no-tiller from Brazil, will share his no-till successes during the past 20 years since he last spoke to us in 1996, as well as offer a classroom geared at no-tilling in a dairy or cattle operation.
- David Brandt, a Carroll, Ohio, no-tiller, will share the lifelong lessons learned from more than 40 years of no-tilling and serve up a classroom on capturing the nutrient value of cover cropping.
- Jim Hoorman, Ohio State University soils specialist, will examine how farmers can reduce soil phosphorus losses in a no-till system.
- Saeed Khan, University of Illinois fertility specialist, will share how potassium has been overlooked and can be more effectively used.
- Christian Krupke, Purdue University entomologist, will review new strategies for western corn rootworm control and management.
- John Tooker, Penn State University entomologist, will address myths about slugs and how no-tillers can be manage them.
- Scott Shearer, Ohio State University precision expert, will look at the future of precision technologies and how to work with "big data."
- Bryan Jorgensen, an Ideal, S.D., no-tiller, will explain why diversity has improved the sustainability and performance of his farm ground.
- Steve Berger, a Wellman, Iowa, no-tiller, will describe how long-term no-till, hog manure and cover crops are building highly productive soils.
- Ken Olson, University of Illinois soil scientist, will help you better understand soil organic carbon sequestration in tillage systems.
It's just $309 to register for this highly intensive, 4-day educational forum -- a savings of $50 off the onsite registration rate. Additional farm or family members can be registered for just $282.
2015 NNTC Cincinnati Title Sponsors!
Ag Leader Technology * Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizers *
Bayer CropScience * Case IH * Cover Crop Solutions *
Equipment Technologies (Apache) * Gypsoil (Beneficial Reuse) *
Koch Agronomic Services (Agrotain) * Needham Ag *
Syngenta * Thurston Mfg. (Blu-Jet) * Titan International *
Verdesian Life Sciences * Yetter Mfg. Co.