No-Till Farming 101

What I've Learned from No-Tilling

Always Learning More From No-Till And Strip-Till

Tom Oswald continues the onfarm research that convinced him 20 years ago to avoid full-width tillage
It might be more correct to call this article, “What I’m Still Learning From No-Tilling.” Over nearly 30 years, my farming operation has shifted from customary fall-spring tillage, through a period of detailed research and onfarm studies and finally, 11 years ago, to adoption of continuous no-till.
Read More

No-Till Fields Home For Migrating Birds

Plovers seem to be coexisting well with intensive row-crop farming methods. No-till farming methods seem to benefit the birds most because they leave organic matter on the surface. And no-till benefits farmers, as well, by reducing erosion and protecting the soil.
Read More

Direct-Seeder Sees Many No-Till Benefits

As early as 1980, the Melvilles — Kevin’s dad Tim, and he and his brother — were exploring a sustainable farming practice called direct seeding, which is a method of planting and fertilizing done with no prior tilling to prepare the soil.
Read More

CSP Open For Business

The USDA announced today that farmers and ranchers wanting to enroll in the Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) have until June 11 to file applications at their local USDA office.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

NTF_June_2024_Cover.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings