No-Till Farming 101

“You Learn Nothing By Staying Home!”

Farmers say there’s no better place to swap and learn hundreds of the latest profit-building no-tilling tricks, tips and techniques than at the mid-January National No-Tillage Conference in Des Moines, Iowa.
At the conclusion of each of the previous seven National No-Tillage Conferences, we’ve asked attendees to share the major benefits of having attended. These benefits are similar to those which you can take home from attending the upcoming event at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Des Moines, Iowa, from January 12 to 15.
Read More
12-money-savers.jpg

Oh, Please, Pick Me!

Even if you wanted to, there would be no way to accurately measure the amounts of knowledge and information offered at the National No-Tillage Conference. 750 veteran no-tillers from all across the nation, Canada and even Australia will be gathering on January 12 to 15 in Des Moines, Iowa, to network, share ideas and learn from each other for 149 of the most intensive hours of no-till learning in the world.
Read More

Top 12 No-Till Money Savers

This Canadian no-tiller cut back his acreage, sold a line of equipment, reduced trips across the field and switched away from continuous cropping while improving his bottom-line.
Maybe I'm crazy. I hope not. I’ve always thought of myself as a rational person. But I was hesitant to believe that any no-tiller could cut his no-till acres from 10,000 acres to 3,600, sell a line of equipment, cut back on chemical applications and increase his profit margin.
Read More

Research Journal

Heavy rainfall and flooding in many Midwest fields in 1993 prompted farmers and others to ask about soil compaction and the need for preplant tillage prior to planting the following year. On five Iowa farms that experienced excessive rainfall, U.S. Department of Agriculture researchers compared shallow, moderate and deep tillage and evaluated their effects on soil compaction and crop yields.
Read More

The No-Till Answer Man!

As part of this continuing series, an Indiana farmer tackles your most frequently asked no-tilling questions.
Here are my thoughts on recently asked questions by No-Till Farmer readers. Remember that your particular farming circumstances may result in entirely different answers to these particular concerns which were voiced by readers.
Read More
wheat-pic-1.jpg

30 Years And Counting

While no-till is a relatively new practice for some farmers, this no-tiller has been doing it successfully for 30 years, learning valuable insights and practices along the way.
Every no-tiller has had their share of challenges. Maybe you’re dealing with a difficult landlord or your seed dealer is 3 days late in delivering your special shipment of Bt corn.
Read More
group-photo.jpg

Making The Most Of It!

To promote no-till learning, these groups captured hundreds of valuable no-till ideas at the mid-winter National No-Tillage Conference.
With innovative farmers seeking more no-till ideas, there’s nothing more informative and educational than the annual National No-Tillage Conference.
Read More
D.jpg

Sharing No-Tillage Information

Discussing no-till challenges week-after-week produces many profitable solutions.
For a group of northwestern Ohio farmers, getting together every Tuesday morning means much more than just sharing a cup of coffee. The gathering offers opportunities to tackle no-till topics.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

NTF_June_2024_Cover.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings