No-Till Farming 101

2008-Fall-Harvest-018.jpg
No-Till Notes

No-Tillers Dish Out Their Best Advice

Here’s a look at what Ohio no-tillers say no-till can do for you.
I recently attended Ohio’s annual winter No-Till Conference and picked up several tips from some new and veteran no-till professionals. Held in early December, conference attendance was tremendous with more than 200 participants — a testament to increasing interest in no-till by many producers. Here is a quick look at some of the information picked up by Ohio no-tillers.
Read More
ek_1_6.jpg
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

22 Years Of Making No-Till Planters Work Effectively

Iowa planter expert David Moeller goes through the proven tools, setups and adjustments that make no-till work like a charm
Since I opened the doors of Moeller Ag Service in 1989, we've worked with thousands of farmers — some as far away as Australia and New Zealand — on selection of planter attachments for no-till, as well as making adjustments that assure the seedbed preparation and seed placement needed for uniform stands and the highest yields.
Read More
WILHarrington_6.jpg

Telling The World Why It Should No-Till An Easy Thing To Do

Preserving soil got southeast Iowa farmer Rodger Harrington into no-till, while being profitable kept him in it.
When people ask why I was the first farmer in our area of southeastern Iowa to start no-tilling 28 years ago, I answer that it was bred into me to control soil erosion any way I can — including extensive use of terraces and grass waterways. I couldn’t bear to see all that soil running into streams and rivers. I knew I had to do something to keep that from happening.
Read More
WIL_Oct09_1.jpg

Firsthand Experience Led No-Tiller To Advocate Practice In Nebraska

Conservation of soil, a better quality of life and the time to invent the TracPacker were all benefits of no-till for Dan Gillespie.
Most no-tillers can recall a time (or incident) when the “light went on” — when no-till became an obvious option. For me, that happened in 1986 during a dry spring.
Read More
WILBaker_0608_1.jpg

Fixing Flaws Of No-Till In Infancy Led To Opener

To establish consistent seed germination, New Zealand’s John Baker learned that protecting soil humidity when planting was a critical need with no-till opener designs.
Some 41 years ago, when a few colleagues and I began what would become a three-decade scientific effort at New Zealand’s Massey University, we did not set out to invent a new no-tillage system.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

NTF_June_2024_Cover.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings