Now is the time to learn how to properly control the effects of flooding on your fields and crops with the use of no-tilling.
This eGuide shares how no-tilling can help you overcome the challenges that flooding brings year after year.
Dear No-Till Farmer,
In recent years, much of the Upper Midwest has experienced major flooding, especially along the Missouri River leading to unprecedented runoff into local streams and rivers. According to the USDA, 2019 was the slowest start to the corn-planting season on record. The 2019 flooding drastically impacted farmer profits; over $3 billion in flood damages were reported with over a third coming from agriculture. However, one saving grace for farmers throughout all of the flooding was no-till practices. Even with sizeable crop losses, soil losses weren’t as significant for no-tillers.
To help you avoid and overcome the potentially devastating setbacks that flooding poses to your farm, we’ve compiled valuable tips and strategies for you to utilize – and we’ve made it absolutely FREE so you can quickly learn what you need to know and ease your current and future flooding concerns.
Practical approaches to help you mitigate the effects of flooding on your farm, compiled by the most trusted name in no-till.
This eGuide is one that you will turn to again and again to discover and fine-tune the best practices for dealing with the aftermath of flooding. Keep it handy as a reference to know where to start and what to salvage, especially for those who have never dealt with high-scale flooding.
Discover the paths to overcoming flooding through no-tilling and keeping your farm prosperous.
Download this knowledge-filled eGuide – FREE! How No-Tilling Can Help Growers Ease Flooding Issues
How No-Tilling Can Help Growers Ease Flooding Issues is a comprehensive, advantageous reference intended to help your farm prosper year after year. This eGuide is designed to help you…
- Discover the impact of flooding on various crops
- Learn how to properly handle affected fields and crops
- Educate yourself on the guidelines for managing livestock, including testing for potential hazards
- Gain insight into the best practices for dealing with the aftermath of flooding and avoid more disastrous issues down the road
- Expand your knowledge when it comes to avoiding ruts and compaction through no-till
Of course, we know you’re very busy, but we both know the risks of not being prepared to deal with flooding issues are significant. You and your farm deserve to be informed to make the best decisions.
We know time is money. But if you did nothing more than scan this FREE eGuide, you’d be exponentially more prepared to avoid and quickly recover from the effects of flooding on your farm.
A glimpse inside…
10 Tips to Avoid Compaction on Wet Soils at Harvest Time
- Wait until the soil dries enough to support the combine
- Don’t use grain bin extensions or fill the combine as full
- Use wide tires with lower inflation pressures
- Keep trucks out of the field. Consider unloading at the ends of the field, not on the go
- Grain cart should track the same rows as the combine
- Don’t turn around in the middle of the field
- Don’t fill the grain cart as full, unload more often
- Establish a grain cart path and stay on it
- Don’t till wet soils as they are easily compacted
- Use cover crops to help build soil structure
Following these steps ensures the flooded fields and crops are properly cared for and significantly decreases your soil losses.
To fully understand these tips and how to apply them to your fields and crops, read our FREE eGuide, How No-Tilling Can Help Growers Ease Flooding Issues.
Read this free eGuide right now to learn how to make this important topic a priority for your farm in the years to come.
Learn how to improve traction, soil load bearing and timeliness of planting and harvesting operations while minimizing potential yield reduction from compaction.
By now I’m sure you see the value of this carefully put together eGuide and what this knowledge can do for your farm. No one who wants their farm to be successful and profitable should overlook it!
Do you want to be one step ahead of flooding on your farm?
Then download this free eGuide right now and get started. The minute you do, you start the momentum toward successful farming in the wake of flooding.
Yours for better no-tilling,
No-Till Farmer * Conservation Tillage Guide * No-Till Insider
What new insights did you gain from this report? What jumped out at you?
Share your observations below.