No-Till Farming 101

No-Till Will ‘Cheapen’ Farm Labor Costs

With farm-labor expenses going up every year, the actual labor savings from no-till have increased 296% in the past 15 years.
Taking a close look at the amount of time you can save by switching to no-tillage, you’ll see that you can save 44 minutes per acre.
Read More

How Much Stover Can Be Removed Sustainably?

To preserve long-term carbon balances and soil productivity, the goal of maintaining 2,500 to 3,000 pounds of organic matter, on average, after each crop should be the goal.
Read More
No-Till Notes

No-Till Experts Share Their Best Ideas

NNTC speakers say cover crops, precision ag technology can help growers squeeze more profit out of every acre.
In January I attended the 19th annual National No-Tillage Conference (NNTC) in Cincinnati with more than 800 new and veteran no-till professionals.
Read More
WIL_planter.jpg
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

No-Till Brings Challenges Surprises and New Options

Fewer field passes means this California no-tiller and dairyman can raise three forage crops per year.
I tried no-till because of the potential savings I saw, but it’s brought us so much more. Making the switch to no-till has allowed us to raise three high-quality forage crops per year on the 270 acres we intensively farm in the San Joaquin Valley.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

Cover_CTG_0524.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings