No-Till Farming 101

Lessiter_Frank
Frank Comments

22 Years Of No-Till Success

Since we recently wrapped up our 22nd National No-Tillage Conference in mid-January, it’s a good time to reflect on a few items — both serious and not so serious — that have occurred at this annual event over the years.
Read More
Crimper
What I've Learned from No-Tilling

No-Till And Cover Crops — Just Rolling With It

A three-pronged management approach helps longtime no-tiller John C. Johnson use residue to keep nutrients cycling and yields high.
Cover cropping may be a modern buzz term, but it’s a concept I first witnessed back in the late 1940s. I’m the fifth generation of my family to farm both sides of the Mason-Dixon line between Pennsylvania and Maryland, and was fortunate enough to watch both my father and grandfather work the land.
Read More
Cover

An 'Honest No-Till Education' Yields Serious No-Till Learning

Weed biology, cloud data systems, nutrient cycling, biological pest control and much more were discussed at the 22nd annual National No-Tillage Conference in Springfield, Ill.
For the second year in a row, more than 1,000 attendees took in valuable tips and information about improving their no-tillage systems during the National No-Tillage Conference held in January at Springfield, Ill.
Read More

Be Mindful Of Crop Insurance Requirements When Harvesting Or Grazing Cover Crops

In a time of tight supplies of both forage and agricultural land, many producers are interested in making use of cover crops as alternative forages. Most cover crop species used in Michigan also have a long history of use as forage crops for livestock and offer great potential for dual use to improve soil while providing forage. However, if the cover-cropped acreage is also enrolled in a crop insurance program, Michigan State University Extension reminds farmers that it is important to recognize how intended use as forage may impact the insurance policy.

Read More

Cargill To Reject Export Crops With New GMO Syngenta Corn Trait For Export

Cargill Inc., the top exporter of U.S. grain and oilseeds, said it will reject crops containing a new genetically modified Syngenta AG corn trait that are delivered to its grain elevators for export contracts. Corn seeds containing Syngenta's Agrisure Duracade trait are available for planting in the U.S. for the first time this year after U.S. authorities cleared the trait in 2013.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

Cover_CTG_0524.jpg

No-Till Farmer

Get full access NOW to the most comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use online resource for no-tillage practices. Just one good idea will pay for your subscription hundreds of times over.

Subscribe Now

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings