A sixth-time category winner, Precision Planting’s SeedSense 20/20 has been awarded the 2015 No-Till Product of the Year.
The touchscreen monitor that allows no-tillers to seed precisely, maintain depth, avoid compaction and troubleshoot mechanical problems, was deemed No. 1 of the 13 products no-tillers had voted best in their respective categories.
The process to determine the No-Till Product of the Year started last summer when product nominations were accepted from no-tillers, strip-tillers and manufacturers. Our initial voting by growers last fall resulted in 13 product-category winners, which were put to a final vote to determine the overall winner.
All 13 winners were announced and recognized in January during the 24th annual National No-Tillage Conference in Indianapolis.
Winners at a Glance
• No-Till Product of the Year: SeedSense 20/20, Precision Planting
• Fertility/Soil Amendment Products: Agrotain, Koch Agronomic Services
• Fungicides: Headline AMP, BASF
• Insect Protection: Herculex Xtra, Dow AgroSciences/DuPont Pioneer
• No-Till Planters/Drills: 1770NT Planter, John Deere
• Planter/Drill Attachments: SharkTooth Row Cleaner, Yetter Mfg. Co.
• Precision Tools: 20/20 SeedSense, Precision Planting
• Residue Management: BT Chopper Stalk Rolls, Calmer Corn Heads
• Seed Treatments/Inoculants: Poncho/Votivo, Bayer CropScience
• Spraying Equipment: Turbo Nozzles, TeeJet Technologies
• Strip-Till Equipment: Ripper-Stripper Strip-Till Subsoiler, Unverferth
• Weed Control: Sharpen Herbicide, BASF
• Fertilizer Application Equipment: Starter Fertilizer Tubes, Totally Tubular
• Cover Crop Seed: Tilth Pro NitroRadish, GS3 Quality Seed
|FERTILITY/SOIL AMENDMENT PRODUCTS|
Agrotain, Koch Agronomic Services
For the 11th consecutive year, no-tillers voted Koch Agronomic Services’ Agrotain the winner of…