close window

Get Full Site Access!

Register! Get a FREE downloadable report
from No-Till Farmer!

Early Bird Savings!

Save $85 REGISTER NOW!    Offer Expires Aug 31.

NNTC Presentations!

You can download audiofiles of the 2012 NNTC speaker presentations for just $19.95 each.

Check out the topics.

If you attended a past NNTC, contact us today at (800) 645-8455 for a special discount to get each file for just $4.95 each!

Equipment

case ih 1200 planter notill?
Post At
01/30/2010 - 7:53 P
Post a reply  
reply from
Bjorn Neumann
We have a case ih 1200 planter. We use a gerringhoff rotodisk corn head. Are there any row cleaners that would work well for us? We'd like to go continuous no-till corn and beans alternating every year. Please help me with any info you may have. Thanks!
Reply at
04/ 8/2010 - 12:25 P
Post a reply  
reply from
Darren Grumbine
I have the same planter with yetters on the corn rows. They work great. We took off the coulters and run just the row cleaner. when we plant beans into corn we lift the cleaners. It is important to wait until the fodder is on the dry side and/or the ground temps are warm to plant beans. If you plant the beans early you run the risk of significant slug damage. Yetter does have row cleaner avaiable for the split rows but I don't think it is necessary. Here in South East PA we don't lose bean yeild until the 15 of May.
Reply at
05/ 1/2010 - 7:59 P
Post a reply  
reply from
Robert Goettl
Reply at
11/20/2010 - 6:46 P
Post a reply  
reply from
Rob Hass
Hi Guys. Im all new to no till. We have always been conventional tillage. I am trying to learn some of the tricks of the trade on this site and others. I am a fairly small farmer in the big scheme of things but economic factors are making me consider no till. My question is has anyone had any experience with a UFT drill? I found a 10 foot model that is almost new and in very good condition. Since I have never heard of them before, I wanted to get some input on them before laying out any cash. Thanks
Reply at
12/ 9/2010 - 1:14 P
Post a reply  
reply from
Hennie Vermooten
Reply at
05/21/2011 - 3:58 P
Post a reply  
reply from
timothy kitten
i have a john deere max emerge planter and am having a lot of problem with sidewall compaction would the case ih wheels help with this problem

Login to post to the forum
© 2014. Lessiter Publications and No-Till Farmer. 225 Regency Court, Suite 200, Brookfield, WI, 53045. PHONE: (262) 782-1252, E-MAIL: info@no-tillfarmer.com.
Website Development by Envision IT